Javi turned 6 months old last week! Our tiny baby now has 4 teeth, is working on crawling and is all personality.
A couple months ago, my friend Liza asked me for a list of my favorite baby items. I thought it would be fun to share them with you too.
1. Wubbanub Pacifier: Javi LOVES monkey. He uses this pacifier at night and during nap time. He’s now able to grab it and put the pacifier in his mouth on his own. There are many different animal designs available.
2. BABYBJORN Babysitter Bouncer: We like this bouncer because it is completely “kid-powered”. No batteries or crazy noise. I also liked it because it didn’t scream “BABY!!!”, which was a big deal to me since our home is small and I knew this would be in our living room 24/7. It also converts to a toddler seat, folds flat and has a removable, washable cover. There is a coordinating wooden toy bar (sold separately) that Javi also loves.
The only downside to this bouncer is that it is expensive. We bought a much more affordable bouncer like this one when we were in Mexico and Javi loved it just as much.
3. aden + anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets: We’ve used these as swaddling blankets, stroller covers, emergency burp cloths, even DIY hammocks. They are soft, lightweight and pretty.
4. Yoga Mat: I love using my yoga mat for Javi’s tummy time. It wipes clean when he spits up and rolls up easily when he’s not using it.
5. Dishwasher Basket: Washing bottle & pump parts by hand is a pain. This basket made our lives so much easier since we could simply put everything in the dishwasher.
6. Sophie the Giraffe: There are several reasons why this teething toy is so popular. It’s French and it’s cute. But it is also well designed and works great. Now that Javi has teeth (and is getting more!), he loves Sophie. The legs are just the right size & angle for him to grab and munch on, plus it’s made of 100% natural rubber & food-safe paint.
7. Munchkin Wipe Warmer: This was something we didn’t want to buy. It seemed like a silly extra. That was, until our Winter-born 2-week-old baby screamed every single time he was on the changing table. We got a wipe warmer. He stopped screaming. Everyone was happier.
8. Piyo Piyo Nail Scissors: I can’t imagine trying to cut tiny baby nails with anything else. They help keep Javi’s little
claws fingernails under control.
9. Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water: This stuff cures Javi’s hiccups almost instantaneously. It’s also great for gas & tummy aches.
10. The Baby Whisperer Books: These were the books that we used to help Javi get on a routine and start sleeping regularly. There are many different philosophies when it comes to parenting – especially in those first months. Every baby and every family is different. This worked great for ours.
11. HALO SleepSack: We used these for the first three months when Javi was still being swaddled. They are super easy to use and work great when doing a double swaddle (which is almost Houdini-baby proof).
13. Baby Deedee Sleep Nest Lite:We love the design of this Sleep Nest. It has snaps at the shoulders and a bottom-up zipper which make it super easy to put on and take off. We started using this once Javi no longer needed to be swaddled at night.
So there you have it – our favorite baby items so far!
What is on your list?
Note: This post contains affiliate links.